Welcome!


If you found Building Peace through my fiction writing, welcome! I encourage you to explore this blog, which in addition to my writing chronicles my ongoing education as a military officer and Middle East Regional Affairs Specialist. You can also check out my Amazon.com Author page and subscribe to my mailing list for announcements about my fiction writing.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Langage Resource: Viki

Yesterday I discovered a great resource for language learning: Viki, an award-winning start-up that crowdsources translation of video subtitles.  You specify a language or country, and are presented with a list of publicly available movies, music videos, and TV shows.  You can then watch the show with subtitles in the language of your choice.  An interactive subtitle editor lets users add or modify subtitles as they go.

I haven't spent a lot of time here yet, but have already found some great Arabic resources.

No comments: