Welcome!


If you found Building Peace through my fiction writing, welcome! I encourage you to explore this blog, which in addition to my writing chronicles my ongoing education as a military officer and Middle East Regional Affairs Specialist. You can also check out my Amazon.com Author page and subscribe to my mailing list for announcements about my fiction writing.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Budget Cuts



I guess it's official: catastrophic budget cuts are here.  Yesterday the Lodging Office at the base where I'm doing C-17 re-qualification training notified me that they are disconnecting cable service in all lodging facilities due to lack of funding. 

For the aspiring social scientists out there, this sounds like a great opportunity for an experiment.  I'm willing to bet that after a few months without cable news, the collective intelligence of everyone in base lodging will be significantly higher.

1 comment:

Starbuck said...

Something I've wondered ever since I was a cadet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Righty/Thissucks.jpg